Home Page

Report Child Abuse

 What is a child safeguarding concern?

A child or young person safeguarding concern is when they are living in circumstances where there is a significant risk of abuse (physical, sexual, emotional or neglect).

It can also be where the young person themselves may pose a risk of serious harm to others or where there are complex needs in relation to disability.

If you know a child or young person at risk, please report your concerns to Nottinghamshire County Council Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH).

Child Abuse Page - Image 1

What do I do if I have a concern about a child?

If you think a child is at risk of abuse, please report this to MASH.

If you have urgent concerns for a child, or suspect that a child has been abused in any way, please call MASH immediately on 0300 500 80 80 (if you are a member of the public) or 0300 500 80 90 (if you are a professional).

If you require an urgent response outside of working hours (08:30-17:00), contact the Emergency Duty Team (EDT) on 0300 456 4546. In an emergency call 999. To report a crime, call 101.

 For more information regarding safeguarding concerns regarding a child and how to report these please click here