Ashfield District Council holds a diverse range of records relevant to the condition of land for specific sites across the district. These records include information which the Council has collected over time and information that has been obtained from third parties. The Environmental Information Regulations 2004 requires all local authorities to make records that are not exempt, available to the public.
Information which falls under the Environmental Information Regulations can be viewed free of charge, preferably by prior appointment, during office hours at the Council Offices, Urban Road, Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottingham. Alternatively, provision of this information can be requested remotely.
To request a copy of records specific to land condition, please contact the Environmental Protection team online or by post (see address below)
The type of environmental information which could be provided includes:
- Extracts from ground investigation reports for reference purposes
- Remediation works and final validation reports
- Part 2A public register entries
- Confirmation whether or not a particular site has been included for further inspection under Part 2A
- Information relating to known landfills within the district
- Basic geological information
- Private water supply records
- Pollution Prevention and Control Act records
- Any other additional information relating to land condition which may be of assistance
Please supply the following details:
- Name and address for reply to be sent
- The subject site name, address or Ordnance Survey grid reference
- A location plan showing area of interest edged red
- A copy of any “failed” Environmental Search report
All requests should be sent to:
Place and Communities
Ashfield District Council
It should be noted that available information is restricted to that which is held/known by the Council.
Also in certain circumstances requested information may not be available, should it be work-in-hand, form part of an ongoing investigation or of a confidential nature.