Local Testing Site comes to Sutton
Ashfield District council is pleased to welcome a walk-through testing site for COVID-19, which is due to start operating at Sutton Market North car park in Sutton from 13th February.
Sutton Market North car park has been selected for a Local Testing Site (LTS) by the Council and local public health leaders because it is well known, easy to find, and is a large, level space.
The Local Testing Site will be open seven days a week from 8am to 8pm.
The site is run by the Department for Health and Social Care but tests at the site will be self-administered by those who request them. Parents will carry out tests on their children if they cannot manage to do their own.
Cllr Jason Zadrozny, Leader of Ashfield District Council said:
"As a Council we want do all we can to help tackle the pandemic. Ashfield residents with coronavirus symptoms will be able to access a local facility and we hope this helps reduce transmission rates in the District.
"The LTS may create some traffic around New Street and unless you are getting a test we advise you to use one of the other Council car parks nearby.
"We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. We are confident the public and local businesses will work with us on this as it's obviously important we help to reduce the number of virus cases in the District."
To use the site, people should:
- Have at least one symptom of COVID-19 - a new, continuous cough, a high temperature or loss or change to their sense of smell or taste
- Book a test first before going to the site by calling 119 or visiting uk/get-coronavirus-test
- Walk to the site and if driving, park up nearby and then walk to the site
- Avoid taking public transport to get to the site or return home
- Stay out of any shops or other premises prior to their test and return home immediately afterwards
- Wear a face mask
- Adhere to social distancing
Ashfield District Council will be working with partners to ensure that the site is managed and signposted to help direct users. Residents and businesses around the car park have been informed about the likely local impact of the LTS.
Anyone with any issues regarding the site can contact the council on 01623 450000 or email@example.com.