What is the white ribbon campaign?
The White Ribbon Campaign is a global campaign that encourages men within society to become positive role models and promote healthy relationships. They recognise that the majority of people affected by domestic violence are female by male perpetrators and they believe that men need to take responsibility in finding a resolution to this very serious issue.
The white ribbon campaign undertakes national awareness raising through towns, music and sport industries and education. In order to achieve this we are committed to raising awareness within Ashfield by:
- Undertaking community engagements throughout the district promoting support services.
- Selection of 4 male ambassadors to promote and raise awareness of white ribbon, internally and externally.
- Providing information on our website for help and support.
- Liaising with partner agencies and voluntary groups within the district, providing information on how to signpost those affected by domestic violence should anyone make a disclosure.
- Encouraging male members of the public to wear a white ribbon and sign a pledge
- We have followed on with this commitment by working towards:
- Ensuring all employees receive awareness training on domestic violence and abuse.
- Contact numbers for support services are freely available for all.
- Providing employees with an internal domestic violence policy which will support employees responding to disclosures.
- Encouraging male employees to sign the White Ribbon pledge and wear a white ribbon, symbolizing their support towards the campaign.
- Maintaining partnership working with external agencies.
- Commemorating awareness dates and providing supporting information for all.We encourage you to find more information about White Ribbon Campaign by visiting their website. Visit:http://www.whiteribboncampaign.co.uk/- Take the opportunity to sign a pledge Contact Domestic violence and vulnerability officer for more information – 07778517544.