Ashfield District Council Leisure Centre Competition terms and conditions
If you're entering the Ashfield District Council Leisure Centre Competition 2022 make sure you've read our terms and conditions and privacy notice.
Terms and conditions
- The Ashfield District Council Leisure Centre Competition 2022 opens on Saturday 17 September and closes at midnight on Sunday 30 October 2022.
- Entrants must submit their entries via the online application form on this website.
- Individuals may enter up to 3 entries in total into the competition. Each entry must be different.
- The 3 leisure centres included in this competition are Lammas Leisure Centre, Kirkby Leisure Centre and Hucknall Leisure Centre.
- If photographs are entered, they may only be taken in permissible areas of the leisure centres within Ashfield.
- Entrants must submit entries created by themselves.
- The competition is open to everyone. Proof of permission, identity and eligibility may be required. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant or winner who breaches these rules. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof when requested, that winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- For those entrants aged 16 or under, the parent or guardian of entrants must provide their name, telephone number, the first name of the child, the child's date of birth and their address so that winners can be contacted. Entrants must be available via the contact information they have provided. If, after reasonable attempts, a winner cannot be contacted, that entrant’s participation in the competition ends and another winner will be selected from the pool of correct entries.
- Entries will be selected by a panel of judges from Ashfield District Council and Everyone Active and the winners will be contacted in the week commencing 7 November 2022.
- Ashfield District Council will contact each winner individually.
- A cash alternative cannot be substituted for the prize.
- The prize must be taken as stated and cannot be changed.
- In consideration of Ashfield District Council and Everyone Active agreeing to consider entrants’ photographs submitted to the competition, each entrant agrees on submitting their entries to the competition that Ashfield District Council and Everyone Active (and third parties authorised by them) may make any and all entries available in their publications and on their websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. You hereby grant Ashfield District Council and Everyone Active (and third parties authorised by them) a free of charge, non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the entry for marketing and publicity purposes. By entering the competition, you also agree to allow your name to be used by Ashfield District Council and Everyone Active for online marketing purposes. You retain the copyright in your image. You will not be entitled to any fees for such use. We will always credit the photographer.
- Ashfield District Council’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the competition.
Leisure Centre competition privacy notice
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our privacy notice is available on this website.
Alternatively, if you require a hard copy of the privacy notice then please contact us by:
- email: DPO@ashfield.gov.uk
- telephone: 01623 450000
Data Protection Officer
Ashfield District Council
It is important that you read this notice so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information. This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your relationship with us, in accordance with data protection law.
Ashfield District Council is the 'controller' of this information. This means that Ashfield District Council decides what your personal information is used for and the ways in which it is processed. We have a legitimate interest to process the personal information:
- to administer our competition
- and contact the winning entrant or parent/guardian of the successful child.
We have considered the impact of our processing and we are satisfied that we collect the minimum information necessary to administer our competition.
We will select a winner and then contact that person using the contact details that you provide to us.
How long will we retain your information?
Ashfield District Council will retain your information until 30 November 2023. The personal information of the competition winner will be retained for a further period of 2 years for regulatory purposes.
Sharing your information
We will not share your information to a third party unless it is necessary to do so for the purposes solely of the competition entered and we will obtain your consent to do so.