We are able to offer work experience placements to school, college and university students looking to support their learning with workplace insight.
What is work experience?
Work Experience is a request for experience in the work place that supports a school, college or university course taking place during school, college or university hours. It provides pupils and students with a chance to gain a valuable insight into the world of work.
What types of work experience opportunities are on offer?
We offer work experience in a number of departments both front line and support service functions. Typically work experience lasts for 2 weeks maximum.
Departments accommodating work experience placements:
- Tenancy Services
- Repairs Administration
- Office Admin – including Transport
- Environmental Services
- Environmental Enforcement
- Secretaries Department
- Lettings Services
- Planning and Building Control
- ICT Department.
What's in it for me?
There are various benefits of work experience at the council including:
- personal development
- good chance to make a good impression on a potential employer and show your enthusiasm, drive and ambition
- enables you to differentiate yourself, making yourself more employable
- spend a period of time sampling the job role that you are wanting to pursue before you make a final decision.
How to apply
The placement opportunities change every year depending on which departments are able to accommodate placements for students.
Candidates can apply by completing the work experience application form in the related documents section of this web page and ticking the department of interest.
The completed form can be returned by:
- email: email@example.com